Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hits and Misses

Sometimes you just hit in the kitchen and sometimes you just miss.  I think I hit it more times than I miss, but, this menu for a recent dinner party was a slight miss. Nothing (I believe) was inedible - there were very few leftovers, but, by far, not my best outing.  The good thing about a dinner party is that it's more about the company, the conversation and the time spent with friends than anything else and in that regard, with Doug, Jen, Barb, Pat and their fabulous children, it's always a hit!

When I do miss, I generally learn what I did wrong and hit it right the next time.  I whip up a lot of things in my kitchen and on my pink stove that I don't publish here because I don't think they are worth your time or effort.  Even though, I had a miss on this outing, I think this is a good menu and great receipes and worth publishing.  My goal with this menu was to bring a bit of sunshine with citrusy flavors to the bitter cold weather we have recently been experiencing in central Pennsylvania.  I'm going to try these recipes again soon and you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment