Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Pink Stove Lives!

So the Pink Stove Diaries has been stagnant for a while.  And for that I apologize to all of you wonderful blogees who gave me such great feedback.  I hope I can get your attention again and you will once again grace me with your readership and your feedback.

I've been doing a lot of experimenting on top of the Pink Stove and in her oven so I have lots of recipes to share with you.

From memory, I've tried to re-create an enchilada sauce I learned to make when I was 14. (I just can't stand that stuff that comes in a can!)  Yesterday I bought several pounds of San Marzano tomatoes to make sauce and freeze so I can make Nerdy-Boy's favorite dish for his birthday in October.  (I could feed him lasagna and ice cream sandwiches everyday for the rest of his life and he would be perfectly content!)  I made a 3 layer flan cake that was not only fabulously delectable but a real show stopper that I want to share with you.  And of course, all summer long I've been experimenting with different cocktails - a martini I concocted for my sister Diana's milestone birthday last May made with her favorite liqueur - St. Germaine as well as some good elixirs mixed with rosemary-infused vodka.  This month one of dearest friends, Colleen has a milestone birthday and I'm planning a menu based on 70's food (The 70's weren't any better for cuisine than they were for music - trust me.)

So I hope you'll tune-in and see what The Pink Stove and I are up to.

With many thanks and lots of love,

Mary and The Pink Stove

No comments:

Post a Comment