Monday, October 12, 2009

Diana: Martha Stewart But Better


My eldest sister, the matriarch of our family, Diana is unfairly made fun of in our family for her creativity and her efforts at family bonding through craft projects.    Diana is like Martha Stewart, but so much better.  She always has the idea that makes you scratch your head and say, "Ah - why didn't I think of that!".  But, she is not annoying or you don't have to purchase something from her "Enterprise" to recreate her ideas.   One year for Christmas, Diana turned cement patio pavers into snowmen doorstops.  I don't know about you, but when I see a patio paver it never occurs to me that it could be a cute little snowman to hold my door open.

I have spent most of my life a teeny bit pissed - as the first-born, she gobbled up all of the creative genes that God was doling out to the Isenhour Clan - thank goodness she is a good sharer.  When I go home to KC, I get a ton of ideas and recipes from her that if it weren't for the damn Irish guilt gene,  I would claim as my own.  Diana is an awesome cook, an awesome person and an awesome sister who shared this awesome idea for Lavender-infused vodka to make these most awesome martinis in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment