Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Martini Pressure

I suffer from martini-pressure. No, not the kind associated with peer-pressure, (although that does happen now and again) but, the pressure to create flavorful and unique martinis. This ailment struck me about six years ago when my friend Jill and I began hosting a Goddess Party each year on the Winter Solstice. My task was to come up with a holiday martini for our night of girlfriend, merry-making. One year I turned my family on to Gingerbread Martinis and so now they have expectations as well. What's a girl to do! I suppose mixing and tasting martinis isn't the most awful task in the world.

This past weekend, I wanted to incorporate fall flavors for our dinner guests. I love the flavor of pears - and I've been especially pleased with the pear vodkas that have come out in the last couple of years. Luckily I had some pear vodka on hand. This is what I came up with.

I've done some creative things with lavender infused vodka this past summer (grown in my garden and thanks to a great idea from my sister!) - look for those martini recipes to come!

Pear Amaretto Martini
2 parts pear vodka (I had Absolut on hand, but, Grey Goose Pear Vodka is a lot more subtle)
1 part amaretto
1 part sour mix
Club Soda to top
Lemon slices

Mix the first 3 ingredients in a martini shaker. Shake vigorously to make it foamy. Strain into a martini glass. Top with a splash of club soda and squeeze a lemon slice over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment